I'm Amy, a stay-at-home mom by day and a crafter by night. After a day of chasing my kids around the house, I escape to my craft room for a few hours of creating while they sleep. Thanks for joining me in my little corner of the crafting world!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Acrylic Block Collage, Take 2

I just couldn't stop playing with this fun technique this week!  This is a continuation of the technique I posted yesterday.  If you missed it, HERE is yesterday's post.  You can also see the original challenge and technique instuctions on Splitcoast Stampers HERE.

This time I wanted to use softer, more subtle colors, so I decided to use purples and pinks.  My first card is a very Clean and Simple sympathy card:


The background was created by inking my acrylic block with several shades of pink and purple, then spritzing it with water and stamping it on the white card stock. After the background dried, I inked a small heart stamp and stamped it randomly over the background. Then I stamped my flowers and sentiment. Quick and easy!

I have mixed feelings about this next card.  I used the same basic background as the card above, but this time I inked stem images all over the area. I like the effect but feel it might just be a little too "busy" with all those stems! 


This technique just has so many possibilities.  I still want to make a card with separate color blocks, so I need to add that one to my list.  But I have a couple of other challenges waiting on my craft desk, so I am off to work on those now!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products Used:
 
Paper: Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Inks on background: Various shades of pink and purple markers and dye ink pads
Inks on sentiment and flowers: Elegant Eggplant (Stampin' Up!)
Sentiment and flower stamps: "Close as a Memory" (Stampin' Up!)
Tools: Acrylic block, water mister

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    This is a fantastic technique! I love the pink and purples blended together. I don't think your second card is too busy as the colors compliment each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard to know when to stop, isn't it? I like both your cards, but this technique seems to work best with a less is more approach, which is hard for me. I like the second one with the delight sentiment as it seems too exuberant for a sympathy card, so I think you called that one right on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! You rocked this technique! Love the colors! Fabulous cards! TFS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!