I'm Amy, a stay-at-home mom by day and a crafter by night. After a day of chasing my kids around the house, I escape to my craft room for a few hours of creating while they sleep. Thanks for joining me in my little corner of the crafting world!

Monday, October 22, 2012

To the Moon and Back

Today's card just tugs a bit at my heartstrings, so I hope you don't mind if I share the story behind this one.  I bought the stamp I used on this card because the sentiment means so much to me.  If you ask my son how much his mommy loves him, he'll answer, "To the moon and back!"  (I must pause here to announce that I have amazing children.  Sure, I'm biased, but it's still true!) 

So when I found this stamp recently, I knew it would be well-loved at my house.  And when I saw this week's challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch (check them out HERE), I decided it was the perfect time to pull out this stamp and start creating.  I have a feeling you'll be seeing more cards with this stamp in the future.  It's just such a great sentiment!

Here's the sketch I was working with:


And here is my card:


It's really hard to see in this picture (darned overcast day!), but the sentiment panel and the moon are shaded with peach, yellow and blue tones to give them some dimension and keep them from being stark white.  I used die cuts in my Big Shot for most of this card.  The moon is a circle die cut, the sentiment is a Nestabilities die cut, and the stars are die-cut from shimmery silver paper.  I stamped my sentiment, then sponged dye ink and chalks on my sentiment panel and the moon.  I adhered everything to a dark blue card base (it's lightly textured, which also doesn't show up well in the picture).  This will be an easy card to recreate, so I plan to make a few more to donate to Operation Write Home.  I am sure there are some deployed mommies and daddies who would love to send cards home to their kids!

I am working on another challenge card today and will be posting that one tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by today!

Products Used:
 
Stamp - Unity
Paper - Various sources
Ink - Night of Navy Classic Ink (Stampin' Up!)
Tools: Big Shot; Sizzix Circles #2; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eighteen;
Provo Craft die for stars; Stampin' Up! chalks; various dye inks


6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Isn't it frustrating when the photo's just won't go the way you want!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sentiment Amy! CUTE card. So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great design! kelly, this is so stunning!!! thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this SKETCH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what I say to Wm and M each night when I put them to bed. I love how simple the card is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, isn't this just the sweetest phrase to be able to share with your children? I just keep hoping mine will always remember it and share it with their children someday. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love reading your comments!